This section assumes that you have completed the integration and imported your materials from Cabinet Vision, a spreadsheet or QuickBooks.
Units of Measure *
Material items are consumed and purchased by a unit of measure such as Each, Pair, LF, Roll etc.
Set up your units of measure by creating names units of measure and a conversion multiplier to convert from one to another.
Job Material Budgets *
Material items appear in the job budget with a designation of ‘M’ in the type column.
Place Holder Items
When you bring materials into a budget and the final material choice has not yet been made, you can bring in a “place holder” type of material so that the quantity and basic information is there and ready to be changed to the final choice. Place holder materials appear highlighted in the material budget.
Replace the placeholder items before final Material Release.
- View the Job Budget
- Click on Release Materials button at the top of the form.
- Set the job (or job phase) due date
- Set the number of production days
- The order by date and the actions needed will automatically be set for you. Click Apply-Close
- Material that is on-hand may be charged to the job (or deferred charge if the system, is configured as such). Unavailable items will be allocated for purchase
- Open the Purchase Manager screen to see what needs to be purchased. Choose each item by clicking on the item in the left panel.
- Select a supplier and UOM where applicable then click Select For Purchase. The item will be queued for purchase in the lower left panel
- Repeat as needed
- At the end of this process you would click Create POs and the form will close.
- Next you would look at the POs created from the View Purchase Orders menu. Edit as needed, create a PDF or email to the supplier.