Manufacturing Setup WIzard *
Production and Jobs: *
The Productions/Jobs section of the SetUp Wizard has 2 main components: Jobs & Budgets and Activities.
- Job and Activity code formats will be established here along with Activity Groups.
- Activity Groups are groups of labor activities with similar functions such as Finishing, which may include paint and sanding.
- Formatting and grouping decisions would have been made during review of the Implementation Guide.
Jobs & Budgets *
From the <Administrate> menu, select <Set Up Wizard> and navigate to the Production/Jobs Folder.
The Jobs & Budgets folder contains 5 sub-sections: Job Identity, Auto-Numbering, Custom Job Fields, Custom Phase Fields, and Job/Budget ETC Method.
Job Identity: *
Allows Job Code formatting and sub-job stages/phases identity set up. Every job is identified with a unique job code. Sometimes referred to as the job name or number. In TracManager every job will have a job code and a description. In most instances the two are displayed together to make it easy to identify.
- Select Job Code Format preference: Numeric or Alphanumeric
Note: Auto-numbering feature is not available for Alphanumeric option; please consider this when making a decision regarding Job Identity.
- Select number of digits/spaces for Job Code – (Default is 4 digits; however, up to 10 may be used.)
- Select a <NAME> for your sub-jobs (if applicable), such as <PHASE> or <STAGE>. This will be useful in reports, data capture and scheduling. A “sub job” is a subordinate of the main job. This is an optional feature.
- Select Format and number of digits –(normally 2 digits)
- Every job must have at least one sub job, even if sub jobs are not used, they will be displayed as <blank>. If there will be occasions where employees will need to clock into <entire job> and not a specific sub job, the <blank> sub job would be indicated.
- Select the checkbox <remove blank sub job when new sub job is created> if the above will NEVER be the case. This will remove the choice from the lists.
- <Restrict time sheet “sub job” choices to pre-defined “sub jobs” >– this selection ensures that time sheets will not reference missing sub jobs (Recommended).
- Select <Post time charged to the blank sub job “PHASE” to the entire job batch>- This option only applies if job batching is used.
- < Enable “sub job” template> turns on or off the menu link that may be used to copy all sub jobs from another existing job.
TracManager will automatically generate and assign the next sequential Job Code number if numeric codes were selected.
- Select <Last Code +1> for Next Code Method
- Batch Job Number- Starting #: This option is only used if creating batch jobs which reference existing jobs or sub-jobs. Set a numeric value to distinguish them from regular jobs.
Custom Job Fields: *
These reflect list items entered under Set Up Wizard>Company>Custom List Management lists. Also allows for setting of Custom Date Fields such as “Date In” and “Date Due” for scheduling and reporting purposes. *
Custom Phase Fields: *
These reflect list items entered under Set Up Wizard>Company>Custom List Management lists as they pertain to Phases.*
* These fields may also be customized on the individual Job or Phase records.
Job Budget & ETC Method: *
Select preferred Budget Method (Activity or Activity Group).
Job costs will be applied based upon selection and ETC (Estimated Time to Complete) tracked at activity level chosen.
*** The ETC field will only be visible in Data Capture methods for which it has been enabled.