- New iTrac+ APP crashes when password entered
- iTrac stopped working after a Windows Update
- Cabinet Vision Link – Unable to access SOLID database
- Unable to connect to SQL Database: Database Does Not Exist or Access Denied
- Active-X error when attempting to register TracManager
- QuickBooks – Side-by-side error
- iTrac – Password Mismatch
- Converting Access Database – MaxLocksPerFile
New iTrac+ APP crashes when password entered *
The iTrac+ APP requires an update to the web service.
On the server that hosts the iTrac IIS web service:
- Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Tractivity\iTracWeb
- Rename the Bin folder to Old Bin
- Download this file. Unzip and save the Bin folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Tractivity\iTracWeb (same location)
IMPORTANT! – After the new Bin folder is saved you MUST:
- Open the folder and right-click on the file(s). Check properties
- If Security has locked the file – Unlock it.
That is all that is needed.
iTrac stopped working after a Windows Update *
If you browse the iTrac local server you get a 503 error reported.
Cabinet Vision Link – Unable to access SOLID database *
The access to the SOLID database may be lost after a Cabinet Vision Restore operation.
The following steps will recreate the Tractivity SQL login credential:
- Copy the text below into a notepad document
“C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\SQLCMD.EXE” -E -S “SERVER\Solid” -Q “USE CxMaterials_11 DROP USER [Tractivity_MSSQL_User]” -b
“C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\SQLCMD.EXE” -E -S “SERVER\Solid” -Q “USE CxMaterials_11 CREATE USER Tractivity_MSSQL_User FOR LOGIN Tractivity_MSSQL_User WITH DEFAULT_SCHEMA=[dbo]” -b
“C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\SQLCMD.EXE” -E -S “SERVER\SOLID” -Q “USE [CxMaterials_11] EXEC sp_addrolemember N’db_datareader’, N’Tractivity_MSSQL_User'” -b
“C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\SQLCMD.EXE” -E -S “SERVER\SOLID” -Q “USE [CxMaterials_11] GRANT UPDATE TO Tractivity_MSSQL_User” -b
- Change the SERVER in the notepad text to the correct server name
- Change the CxMaterials_11 in the notepad text to the correct SOLID catalog name
- Run cmd as Administrator
- Paste the notepad text into the cmd box and ENTER
Unable to connect to SQL Database: Database Does Not Exist or Access Denied *
- Remote connection is not enabled for a SQL Server instance
To check remote connection is enabled or disabled, open SQL Server Management Studio -> Connect to SQL Server where it is installed using SQL Server Management Studio ->Go to SQL Server instance property and check Allow remote connection to this server.
Active-X error when attempting to register TracManager *
If .NET 3.5 (includes 2.0) is not turned on when the TracManager installation is run, the installer will not be able to register the licenselib.dll. This will cause an automation error when you attempt to register the software. And since the feature was not turned on when the program was installed, it will need to be manually registered after the feature has been turned on.
- Be sure DOT NET 3.5 is turned on (this will include 2.0). If necessary enable this feature:
- If that does not correct the problem :
- Run cmd as administrator
- change to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727
- type: regasm “C:\Program Files (x86)\Tractivity\TracManager 2014\licenselib.dll”
- (if the application is installed in a different path – use that path)
- This should produce a “Type registered successfully” message
- Now run the TracManager program again
QuickBooks – Side-by-side error *
When attempting to connect with QuickBooks you get this error:
Error: Automation error The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.
This error may occur after installing an update of either TracManager or QuickBooks. The error is occurring when TracManager accesses the Intuit QuickBooks dll that provide the QuickBooks 3rd party application API. The error originates with the QuickBooks component that is not able to locate the dependent assembly. Typically a Microsoft MFC file version.
To resolve this, download and install this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26347
Be sure to download and install the x86 version even when on a 64 bit computer.
Also a generic description of this problem – read this article: Code Project Article for additional information.
iTrac – Password Mismatch *
“Password Mismatch” when entering the correct user and password
The iTrac IIS web service connects to the TracManager database to look up the user and password. If the IIS service iis not able to access the database then the password will always mismatch.
iTrac web service must have Application settings that configure the database connection string. Double check the settings. If an SQL database you will need:
- DataSource – SERVER NAME and Instance for example: SERVER01\SQLEXPRESS
- UserID – typically: sa
- Password – set to the database password
- Catalog – typically Timeport but may be different
- dbType – must be set to: SQL
For an Access database:
- Tthe database must be local to the IIS service
- The database security must have IUSR and NETWORK SERVICE included with full access
- The Application setting must be set to the full path.
- For example DataSource: D:\Tractivity\Timeport.mdb
If all of the above is correct: Verify that the data type in database table [pCPDC Users] password column is set to VarChar (not text)
Converting Access Database – MaxLocksPerFile *
Error: MaxLocksPerFile Exceeded.
Microsoft sets a default limit of the number of locks that are allowed. When TracManager is setting column attributes on a large database, it is likely that this limit needs to be set as high as possible.
If the reader is an IT professional and aware of the risks involved with directly editing the registry then use the registry editor, search for MaxLocksPerFile and locate the Jet/3.5/Jet 3.5 key. Modify the MaxLocksPerFile value to unlimited (FFFFFFFF hexidecimal).